Paphiopedilum trantuanii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damas,
If your plant is from France, it could be from Mr. (Xavier Garreau de Loubresse) who is a member of this forum. I hope he will tell us more about this plant
As far as I know, paph trantuanhii is from Sơn La Province, It would be a supprise if there is henryanum invole with this plant, Henryanum can be found at Cao Bằng, Hà Giang, Hòa Bình, so there is no where near this area !!! Also, Paph. gratrixianum can be found at Hoàng Liên Sơn, Vĩnh Phúc, Thái Nguyên, and barbi can be found at Sơn La, Lào Cai ... personally, i beleive this is a var aspersum plant.
Also, Mr. Bùi xuân Đáng (from Cali) had recently visited Vietnam, I hope he has more info on this plant
I hope this help a bit
BD

Baodai, this helps for sure ! I will also ask infos to the prod I bought the plant from and report here if I get an answer. Thank you !

I had the feedback from prod (Nardotto e Capello) :

"La plante arrive du Vietnam et il doit etre une variete du Paphiopedilum
Tranliemianum"

Translation : "Plant arrived from Vietnam. We believe it's a variety of Paphiopedilum tranlienianum"

I guess we now just have to wait for the plant to bloom... :rollhappy:

Tranliemianum"

Translation : "Plant arrived from Vietnam. We believe it's a variety of Paphiopedilum tranlienianum"

Well, it appears your supplier made that as "clear as mud"!:confused:
I think the best thing to do is to divide the plant and send me half. When the two bloom will see if different continents has anything to do with it's identity!

Tranliemianum"

hhhmmm.... looking forward to seeing that plant in bloom.. especially, because I ordered it from N&C too and should be here within the next 2 or 3 days :)

Cool Kavanaru, we will compare with the plant you get :clap:
To Slipperking :D
To Ernie, yeah ! I sure will :evil:

well, my plant arrived and looks a bit different than my Papph. cocineum too. let's see....

ok, here are my two plants for comparison... Paphiopedilum coccineum and Paphiopedilum trantuanii. Bot plants coming from the same nursery as Damas' plants...

sorry, could not decide which picture was better for the comparison... so, I posted both :D

P.S.- click on the picture, and you will be linked to my Flickr page. Once there click on "All sizes" (on top of the picture), for a better view...

Does Mom Nature make Tyke??? (barbigerum x henryanum)

-Ernie

Trantuanii is not barbigerum x henryanum, the flowers are extremely different... On the other side, I have seen several coccineum x henryanum, jungle collected, in Son La last year, blooming around october...

Trantuanii is not barbigerum x henryanum, the flowers are extremely different...

Have you ever seen it? I have not been able to find any pictures, which I could call reliable... Even the picture posted at the beginning of this thread are sometimes posted as barbigerum var. XXXXX...

Latest posts

Back