Paphiopedilum tonsum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeanLux

Reaction score
Blooms of this tonsum opened just a few days ago. It's one more plant I got from Michel Paul recently!! Jean

o08072531755006aslia9.jpg

the plant with buds:

paphiopedilumtonsum4645ik8.jpg

Hi Jean, nice flowers and nice photos - but I'm not really convinced of P. tonsum??:confused: There's too much maroon in this blooms and the whole blooms remind me at a cross with P. lawrenceanum or P. callosum??
I'd like to know what others think about this.

Best regards from Germany, rudolf

Yes I have to agree with Rudolf. I see a strong influence of lawrenceanum in these flowers. Jean, I would go back to the source for clarification or my money!

Rudolf, Rick: thanks a lot for your comments!! I missed to put a ?? behind the thread's title :eek::eek: ! Maybe, I will have some more surprises in the future , when more of the very strong plants that I purchased from Michel will (hopefully) put up flowers!! Those are from a former collection of a customer of his, and there were no (or very few) reliable tags! Wait and see :):)!!

Here is another pict. with tonsum?? (left), parishii (middle), and my pale tonsum, still flowering after 4 months (right side)!!! Jean

o08072531755008slek2.jpg

Jean, put a 'Maybe' near the name since no one but the breeder knows for sure. It's only a best guess.

Back