paphiopedilum tigrinum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice to see the pot didn't drop from the balustrade last year!!:drool::drool:
Lovely duo of flowers, nice to see the progession!!!
But I'm still not envious - but jealous!!!

:clap: :drool: :drool: :drool: :clap:
Lovely again this year!
Your dry period - are you just backing off on water? or actually letting it dry off , with holding water for a few weeks?
I have a triginum x spice in bud, I've been watering as usual but avoiding any water getting in the crown.

I like it a lot:clap::clap:

I switched mine to semi-hydro several months ago and they are doing much better for me now. I think it keeps the roots cooler even though my GH is pushing 90 right now.

Tres belle! Which river is in the background? It's gorgeous - the third photo just delights me. I almost feel as I am there! The flower is wonderfully marked and happy looking The plant is so robust - hope mine get there someday. It's truly lovely.

The river is the Garonne and the town Toulouse. Last year, I lived in apartment but now, I bought a house and I can't see the Garonne...:(

For the dry period, as soon as I see the bud ("by transparency"), inside the growth, I stop water (I give just a little water every 2 weeks to "relieve" the roots)
I start again water when the bud is completely outside of the growth. At this time, the bud grows faster.

After 2 years with bud aborted, it's my solution to see those wonderful flowers since 2 years.;)

Latest posts

Back