Paphiopedilum rothschildianum 'Charles Edwards'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
here's the old award.photo. most roths have a V shape while the habit on this clone is more towards a "U". Also look at the shape of the curve feom base of the leaf to the tip. Put these plants next.to each other and they are the same.

uploadfromtaptalk1421500562078.jpg

Nice blooming of the real deal.

Justin, thanks for showing the original award photo. It is interesting to see that the original did 4 flowers on one stem. I've often heard criticism of this clone for low flower count, but 4 is not bad. Though on a multi-growth plant the better of the newer roths will do 5 or 6 flowers. Nice example of the original wild type.

Nice, I saw this clone blooming once in the greenhouse of Roger Crawford 20 years ago. Several tall spikes with quite a few growths..very impressive ...keep growing it , it gets a lot better

Mine bloomed in 2012 when I bought it in spike. That was 7 years ago. The plant has since self divided into 3 single growths and grows well but still no flowers.

Latest posts

Back