Paphiopedilum Rosy Dawn

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for all your congrats!

I have this plant for about 12 years now. I bought this Paph from a local nursery, that produces for the flowermarket. I found a tag in an other Paph from the same gardener. It is a tag from Rod McLellan, South San Francisco! So I think the plant could be about 40 years old, because it is an old nursery.

Paph Rosy Dawn was registered in 1935, which would mean that your division most likely comes from a plant at least 74 years old. I don't believe that Rosy Dawn was remade. There is no need to remake it as it is such a prolific plant when grown so well as you have grown it! :clap:

That's a lovely display of flowers. Here comes my wishlist and my wallet screaming :) Congrats on the blooms !!!

wow... fantastic!! My little one is currently in bud (only one!)... I think Ineed to wait some 10 years to have it with such an amazing display as yours...

Paph Rosy Dawn was registered in 1935, which would mean that your division most likely comes from a plant at least 74 years old. I don't believe that Rosy Dawn was remade. There is no need to remake it as it is such a prolific plant when grown so well as you have grown it! :clap:

Rosy Dawn is made and registered by Aberconway. Does anyone know, whether Aberconway worked for Rod McLellan (because I guess this plant is from Rod McLellan)?

OMG! I was proud about my one bloom, now I know what to expect in 10 years - if I am lucky enough!

Continue to give it good care. It's become possibly a heirloom plant. Very few people have a chance of owning such a potentially old and beautiful treasure. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Latest posts

Back