Paphiopedilum platyphyllum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JPMC

Reaction score
While I've had this plant for several years, this is only its second blooming. The stalk is 27 inches long and the lateral petals are 7 inches long.

Paphiopedilum%20platyphyllum%20plant%2011-28-2015_zpsihiuag7e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Paphiopedilum%20platyphyllum%20flowers%2011-28-2015_zpsktstx2fx.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
I love it! Not completely clear on the differences between this and stonei, but I like them both a lot.

Alex

The dorsel sepal is above the pouch connect to the staminode, the lateral sepal is below the pouch connected to the back of the staminode, the petals extend out from the middle back of the 2

Beautiful blooming. Congrats--like this species and would love to see more around.

David

The dorsel sepal is above the pouch connect to the staminode, the lateral sepal is below the pouch connected to the back of the staminode, the petals extend out from the middle back of the 2

I don't think so. the petals are also known as lateral sepals and are along the sides, the synsepal is below the pouch.

Thanks for sharing; these are rarely seen and are definitely distinct from stonei. I'm not a multi-guy but that is awesome!

Latest posts

Back