Paphiopedilum parnatanum (and hello intro)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakdewet

Reaction score
Hello all

I have been lurking on this forum for some time now. I am clearly not big on posting but I have been interested to see others' comments, insights and wisdom. I will try to post more in the future.

I have killed *many* orchids over the years. I guess that's how we learn. My growing conditions make it hard to offer a stable environment and I don't have a greenhouse. I live in a mediterranean climate with really harsh summers and some cold winters so I have to move many of my plants around between outdoors in indoors as the seasons change. I seem to have found my groove with Paphs and they have in turn become my favourite orchid family. I wanted to share my first blooming from this beautiful parnatanum that I got about a year ago. It seems to be quite a slow grower and it was a large seedling when I got it so I was quite surprised when it sent out a bud. Perhaps one of my favourites. I prefer to collect species and primary hybrids. I'm a traditionalist!

Attachments

• DSC_0195 (3) copy.jpg
    DSC_0195 (3) copy.jpg
    8.8 MB
  • DSC_0203 (2) copy.jpg
    DSC_0203 (2) copy.jpg
    6.4 MB
  • DSC_0213 (2) copy.jpg
    DSC_0213 (2) copy.jpg
    4.7 MB
  • DSC_0220 (2) copy.jpg
    DSC_0220 (2) copy.jpg