Paphiopedilum papuanum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alex

Reaction score
I posted one of these a few months ago - here's another, although it is slightly malformed and has a necrotic spot at the bottom of the pouch for some reason. However, as an actual clone it seems to have extremely similar characteristics to the other one.

Cheers,

Alex

papuanum_zps23169e77.jpg

Last edited:
I posted one of these a few months ago - here's another, although it is slightly malformed and has a necrotic spot at the bottom of the pouch for some reason. However, as an actual clone it seems to have extremely characteristics to the other one.

Cheers,

Alex

papuanum_zps23169e77.jpg

I love this species, I have more, one of them was in bud finally after more than one year, but blasted. Good sign is, that plant looks good and started to push out 2 new growths.

Good news! I remember reading about your blasting issue, hope it's solved and I'm glad this sp. is doing well for you. I haven't had it long enough to tell whether it will really like me or not.

the flower is nice but the plant seems to have some difficulties to grow, isn't it?

I've only had them about 3 months, but seem well so far without particular problems. I had imagined they might need extra heat, but Cribb's book suggests that they get temperatures if 10C at night in habitat.

Back