paphiopedilum insigne var. sanderianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very beautifull and very well grown!

I think, I detect some faint spots on the dorsal, which actually makes it fma. sanderae - fma sanderianum is without any spots at all, no matter how faint!

Kind regards, Jens

What a plant! Exceptional form and colour. I need a division lol.

Not sure if I can see the spots yet. Jens is right if they are there.

Perhaps a close up pic?

I'm wholeheartedly with David... and balefull that I didn't notice at first!

The second part of the equation, though, is a tough nut to crack: gratrix or villosum? You could without effort talk me into both... the faint spotting on the upper part of the middle, green streak of the dorsal (clearly visible, if you enlarge the flower just a bit to the right of the center of the photo, Leslie) mightn't that point either to gratrix or alternatively to villosum boxallii?

That's another P. villosum aureum from POPOW who sells them at the moment. Another plant showed Hakone showed it in this thread https://www.slippertalk.com/threads/paphiopedilum-villosum-aureum.49482/#post-687212
I'm wondering at all why Hakone shows plenty of plants/flowers from POPOW'S nursery without to declare that fact clearly.

Which was not my name in photos. Are not my plants. I am welcome in almost every German nursery because I am a very nice person. With the owner of Nursery, was only agreeing to show the plants without the Nursery name, so as not to disturb the owner of the Nursery

We have here, Braem and Olaf Gruss, they have not spoken about the names of these plants. I'm an amateur collector, I have no idea.

to compare .Paphiopedilum insigne var. sanderae fma. album - Thiên lý 2,owner Nguyen Huu Luat , Photographe : Vu Dinh An
insigne.jpg

Which was not my name in photos. Are not my plants. I am welcome in almost every German nursery because I am a very nice person. With the owner of Nursery, was only agreeing to show the plants without the Nursery name, so as not to disturb the owner of the Nursery

Hakone, I know you since many years in this and another forum and I have no doubt you may be a nice guy, though I don't know you personally. But this is a forum with subscribers from all around the world and the majority don't know you at all and they may think, all plants you show here are your own ones. Maybe you asked Alex to show photos of his plants here and he gave you permission. O.K. but I wouldn't want to adore myself with borrowed plumes.
I know the nursery of Mr. Popow very well too and I was/am always welcome there. Therefore I know his shelfs/tables and saw by the first sight that these are from Popow's nursery.
I can't imagine that mention his name here to give him honour and respect would disturb him.

Last edited:
Guru, I know Boscha (Alexej`s father) 10 years ago. Now certain guests are not welcome. I want to worship myself with borrowed feathers?. I don't need that, not necessary. You know Mr. Popow's Nursery very well and was / am always welcome there. But you don't know all of the nursery in Germany and Holland. The plants that I show here are not all from Popow nursery. I don't want to advertise the nursery. It is unfair to advertise just one nursery.Popow´s Nursery is famous, he doesn't need any advertising from me for that The photos I show here:
- Without a name, is not my plants
- with my name, are my plants
If you want to know more precisely where the plants come from, you can ask me, you will get the answer from me. I always ask the nursery owner if I can photograph his plants. If he gives me his permission, it means for me that I can show my photos. My time is very precious. It's not for nothing that I go to a Nursery to take photos. If the majority don't know me and think that all the plants I show here are my own. Their Problem.
There are also plants that I show here. But no nursery wants to own the plants.

Last edited:
Well, I think to resolve all this is we should always acknowledge where the plants are from so there is no confusion from all parties concerned. There isn’t any need to have conflicts of interests here.

Hakone usually indicates which nursery the plants are from especially from Vietnamese nurseries.

Guru is also right to give credit to nurseries for their plants.

Also I just got confirmation that this plant is indeed villosum aureum from North Vietnam origin (by the nursery in question).

"Also I just got confirmation that this plant is indeed villosum aureum from North Vietnam origin (by the nursery in question). "
The owner lives in Central Vietnam, I've visited him before.

Latest posts

Back