Paphiopedilum hybrid identification need

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luca69

Reaction score
I bought this about one year ago as paphio Roger Sander ( glaucophyllum var. Moquettianum x Godefroyae var. Leucochilum) but as you can see it's a wrong label.
Anyone can help me to identificate it?
e739cdf9e71db42570e3f45c2ea49069.jpg

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

The label doesn't look wrong to me. The flower shows exactly what I would expect from this cross.

Thanks. I'm not really sure, cause all pictures I have found on web, flower has pouch near white color, sometimes with red spots. Maybe mine is just a bad clone...

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Doesn't look too far off for a cochlopetalum x brachypetalum cross. I wouldn't expect the leuchochilum white lip to come through all the time, though I wouldn't be surprised if those were the pictures vendors choose to show off. Something about the pouch doesn't look right though. Could we see a profile shot?

Doesn't look too far off for a cochlopetalum x brachypetalum cross. I wouldn't expect the leuchochilum white lip to come through all the time, though I wouldn't be surprised if those were the pictures vendors choose to show off. Something about the pouch doesn't look right though. Could we see a profile shot?

It is.
946c0e628964e7112b5a033ed96da119.jpg

Seeing the flower in profile, I have to wonder about that pouch geometry. Looks like a grandson of roth chin to me. I don't see how that comes from a purely cochlo/brachy family history.

Not far off, anyway.

The narrow pouch resembles me of concolor, though, and the edge is peculiar.

Latest posts

Back