Paphiopedilum esquirolei

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

P.K.Hansen

Reaction score
I bought this plant in 2017 from a gentleman in the UK who had given up on it. It's the plant that got me started with paphs again, so getting it to bloom has been pretty important to me :)
It's been open for a week on this pic,

46910719384_6c9bcb6237_c.jpg

This is one that I have lost before... can you tell us about your culture, medium, watering and feeding regimens? Thank you, it's gorgeous. This and P. hookerae I just... can't... seem... to... please. :(

I don't do anything special really. It spend the summer in a window with eastern exposure, getting temps up to around 30 degrees C for months. And it has been in the cooler part of my basement-greenhouse during winter together with plants like insigne - which is having a spike too. I don't use special food for my plants, just what I come across, and try to keep them moist. My compost is coconut, bark, charcoal and limestone + a little perlite.

"My compost is coconut, bark, charcoal and limestone + a little perlite"

what may be hiding there is that the coconut likely keeps the root system evenly moist... for me, these are water lovers... dry is the kiss of death

Back