Paphiopedilum ermersonii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hien- I'd love v. huonglanae....but that is just about as legal here as hangianum....so I'll be waiting a while...sure would like one though......Eric

nice flower pictures! i've had a plant in growth for a number of years from a trade that the leaves will grow out a bit and then occasionally the bottom leaf will fall off, but still only the one growth and no flowers. it sounds like if you regularly use one of the fertilizers that has a large number of the micronutrients like cal-mag and many others then that aspect of deficiency wouldn't be a problem, or maybe less likely to be so unless the amounts are higher than usual for many plant. we've seen recently that a number of annuals we grow at work are quite boron deficient, and many problems that have shown up using a fertilizer with low boron was better after even more boron was included in the fertilizer

nice flower pictures! i've had a plant in growth for a number of years from a trade that the leaves will grow out a bit and then occasionally the bottom leaf will fall off, but still only the one growth and no flowers. it sounds like if you regularly use one of the fertilizers that has a large number of the micronutrients like cal-mag and many others then that aspect of deficiency wouldn't be a problem, or maybe less likely to be so unless the amounts are higher than usual for many plant. we've seen recently that a number of annuals we grow at work are quite boron deficient, and many problems that have shown up using a fertilizer with low boron was better after even more boron was included in the fertilizer

Cal mag will destroy slowly the emersonii and hangianum, I tried from experienc, the plants will become chlorotic and necrotic... And the amounts required for quite a few paphs of micronutrients are MUCH higher than what could be made available from any fertilizer in the trade. The micronutrients complexes such as peters STEM and similar products have the very wrong ration of Fe:Mn:Zn for many paphs...

Cal mag will destroy slowly the emersonii and hangianum, I tried from experienc, the plants will become chlorotic and necrotic... And the amounts required for quite a few paphs of micronutrients are MUCH higher than what could be made available from any fertilizer in the trade. The micronutrients complexes such as peters STEM and similar products have the very wrong ration of Fe:Mn:Zn for many paphs...

hmmm, good points. also good thing I usually underfertilize with the previously mentioned fertilizers. any way that you think I/we can provide the proper micro nutrients for these species?

hmmm, good points. also good thing I usually underfertilize with the previously mentioned fertilizers. any way that you think I/we can provide the proper micro nutrients for these species?

I will post more later about that, but I would say that Dithane (mancozeb) drenches dramatically improved the growth of emersonii and huonglanae for me, at 0,5 g/L every 6 months...

I will post more later about that, but I would say that Dithane (mancozeb) drenches dramatically improved the growth of emersonii and huonglanae for me, at 0,5 g/L every 6 months...
Is is not Dithane a fungicide? will it kill whatever beneficial fungus as well?
I understand from your usage that the main/active ingredients are Zinc & Manganese.
But do you know what the inert ingredients are?

Latest posts

Back