Paphiopedilum druryi

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
please define serious businessman :rollhappy:

You should trust our fellow members - what they see is what it is.

Uri, I know Willi Kenntner nearly since I'm into Paphs, and that was about 25 years ago. It isn't quite gentleman like to rollhappy about me, to trust him.

IMO, best is, what Leo said:
Leo Schordje said:
Reasonably likely Kenntner is telling us exactly what he was told. But was the original infrmation truthful? Maybe

It certainly has that druryi bolt upright spike habit. You never need to stake a druryi. If it is a hybrid it is the most beautiful druryi hybrid I have seen. The combination of the white dorsal and the yellow is just stunning.

David

Yeah sure

now if you want to misinterprete my statements go ahead - make your day, I could not care less

Show us a picture of the staminode to begin with - also would like to see other growers here having clones that comes close to yours

As i said before check out my druryi's pictures I post them every year - this is how a standard druryi should look like -

thank you - and have a good day

Uri, I know Willi Kenntner nearly since I'm into Paphs, and that was about 25 years ago. It isn't quite gentleman like to rollhappy about me, to trust him.

IMO, best is, what Leo said:

Thanks for the pic - what a gem!
Plant habit looks like my exul.

Yes, there is a lot, that reminds me of exul.

Today I've sent a pic of flower and plant to Mr. Kenntner. Perhaps he can remember this flower and tell us a more detailed story or even, that tags got mixed off ...

I have both druryi and exul and this plant looks much more like my druryi. In fact it looks nothing like my exul which has very thin rigid leaves.

David

I have both druryi and exul and this plant looks much more like my druryi. In fact it looks nothing like my exul which has very thin rigid leaves.

David

Yes I know these exuls. But there is an other form of exul too, with shorter leaves. Here is a picture of such one, not really a good flower for an exul, but an example for one of that type. (Leaves are 18 cm long and 2.5 cm wide)

exulplantfibre.jpg

Agreed!!!
I'd have it, and give a real druryi in return for it...!!!
This "short" exul is quite cute too!

Yes I know these exuls. But there is an other form of exul too, with shorter leaves. Here is a picture of such one, not really a good flower for an exul, but an example for one of that type. (Leaves are 18 cm long and 2.5 cm wide)
[/IMG]

Thanks. Yes that looks different to mine. My exul is in sheath for the first time so I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

David

I don't know what it is but I prefer this one to the standard druryi!
And with gratrixianum maybe, even there's no point on the dorsal?

@Uri: you should be more reserved. You're maybe a great grower but I don't think you're God... :poke:
We know that nature can be more complex than a simple vision of staminode and I like the point of view of Leo.
PS:and you, as you're also a big businessman, can you tell us what's a serious one?;)

Ha fabrice my dear friend - go get lost :poke:

I don't know what it is but I prefer this one to the standard druryi!
And with gratrixianum maybe, even there's no point on the dorsal?

@Uri: you should be more reserved. You're maybe a great grower but I don't think you're God... :poke:
We know that nature can be more complex than a simple vision of staminode and I like the point of view of Leo.
PS:and you, as you're also a big businessman, can you tell us what's a serious one?;)

Your interventions in this thread are unpleasant. I say out loud what I think.
It would be the same thing with a new member or with a famous grower.

But maybe do you have an idea for this plant because you tell us it's not druryi (with a wonderful photo of YOUR druryi) but you don't tell what do you think about this flower...?

On this french forum, there's a plant what could be from the same origin... or not...

http://www.orchidees.fr/forums/index.php?showtopic=56831&hl=gratrixianum

Thank you for this link, Fabrice! It is really very similar to mine. The petals of this one are darker at the upper half, maybe an influence of the villosum group? It would be interesting to know, where it is from.

I don't think, that it is a druryi x gratrixianum. There is a pic of this hybrid on Tanakas site (the last one on the right):

http://www.orchid.or.jp/orchid/people/tanaka/InterOrShow/Guild/en005soukai.html

Ohh, but by looking on this picture, ... maybe it could be ... ?

Latest posts

Back