Paphiopedilum Deperle using delenatii dunkel

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happypaphy7

Paphlover
Reaction score
Second flowering since May 2014.
It had two flowers last year and again two this year. Better than nothing, I guess. :)
The flower just opened. The dorsal loses green and turn cream yellow into pale pink with time.
The fully open shot is from last blooming.

deperle_zpsi9mynebg.jpg

Deperle_zpsyknfpbj6.jpg

I might want to toss it when it gets too big, but for now, it's manageable with two mature growth. At the moment, it is pushing two new shoots. uh, oh!

I bought it from Glen (PPO) last year in spike. It has been a good grower and apparently willing bloomer. If you go to LI orchid festive, maybe you can get one in spike from him?

I didn't mean to buy this cross, but I was just attracted by the dark underside of the leaves, plus my plant is a bit on the smaller side compared to others I've seen in this cross.

So sweet!

Love deli x cochlo hybrids!

I have a flowering Delophyllum but all the flowers are deformed. As this is the first time that it spikes at home...I´ll give it a second chance. Meanwhile I´ll enjoy your pictures.

Thanks for sharing :)

It's strange that all the flowers are deformed, but then some people consider a tiny little dent or a little tooth on the flower as deformity, so I hope they are not too bad. lol

Maybe the next flowering might be better? If not, you can always try new plant! ;)

Latest posts

Back