Paphiopedilum cerveranum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Damas

A species that I also really appreciate. This paph has three shoots, this is the first one to bloom and a second bud is on his way on a secondary shoot. Hopefully in a few days I'll be able to post a pic of the whole plant with it's two flowers :

Sorry, I did not realized that this paph could be confusing. Goldenrose, with pleasure :)

Thanks Damas - that was quick!
When I read about it, that was what differentiates it from others in that group! Now anyone with appletonianum, bullenianum, etc. go take a look!:wink:

Thanks Damas - that was quick!

I took that picture last night because I was amazed of such a big difference in staminoid shapes between cerveranum and the celebesense that I have posted a few days ago.
As you pointed it out, flowers between these species look so similar that cerveranum staminoid is like a curiosity. I thought to myself it was worth a photo !

Wonderful!!!!! So great colours!!!!! The shape and colour rings a bell for appletonianum...lol

Looks great! I expected more reflexing in the dorsal, but I guess not. The petals may have dropped slightly other then that, it looks the same. Thanks Nice healthy plant BTW.

Good example of the flower

You have a very nice example of p. cerveranum. It is unusual to see a true form of the species, as most growers and nurserymen alike don't have a good grasp on what they need to be looking for. The tooth is rather prominent, mine is a bit larger, and there can be no confusion if you have a plant that is true to its name.

The species does grow in distinct colonies that are true to the type. Unfortunately, greenhouse taxonomy does not lead to accurate conclusions and this species has been wrongly critisized by some.

Take good care of your plant, you have something special there.

Latest posts

Back