Paphiopedilum callosum var. sublaeve

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lovely. Mine is in the paph infirmary. In other words, potted in sponge-rok, sitting in a bath of KLN water, and it is responding nicely, lots of beautiful new root tips. Yours looks just fine to me, good growing!

Would you elaborate please? I would have thought that sponge rock would damage the delicate tips of new roots.

The leaves on this plant look a lot more like mine. I have a spike started and hopefully it will not blast like it did last year.

Would you elaborate please? I would have thought that sponge rock would damage the delicate tips of new roots.

I roughly followed the instructions in that recent article in Orchid Digest about rejuvenating root challenged paphs -- pot them in sponge rock and sit the pot in a couple inches of water containing KLN rooting hormone, mist them with KLN solution daily.

So far, I've seen mostly good results. I did this in December, and plan to leave them there until March, then pot up the ones with nice roots and perhaps give the non-responding ones another go in the infirmary. The folks in the article did state that they had better results doing this in warm weather, rather than in winter.

Latest posts

Back