Paphiopedilum bellatulum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

MarioQ

Reaction score
My first blooming of this mature plant that I bought early October. Bud appeared mid-December. I have been enjoying it these last days. It is pretty and amazing. I always wanted a bellatulum. The collector told me that it is a 4N. To me it seems a type one, a normal bellatulum, and it doesn’t matter, I love it! Hope you like it too.

Attachments

DrLeslieEe

Collector of new, rare and albino paph species
ST Supporter
Reaction score
Well done.

4n is hard to diagnose unless the chromosome count was done.

MarioQ

Reaction score
Thank you for all your comments. You are so kind. And yes, I remember from cattleyas that 4N are bigger and vigorous, but because I don't have real plants to compare, just reading and studying the usual characteristics of the plant, I deduce that it is what is called "type". The comment was that who sold it to me already after wrote me that it was a 4N. I am so delighted with it that I already call it "La Divina", as Maria Callas... so I think I'll start naming them. Excess lockdown? maybe...hehehehehe
My best wishes from Xalapa, "City of Flowers" as Alexander von Humboldt named it. Today in a typical day as he described in 1803: "The beautiful and serene sky of Xalapa in summer inspires melancholy from December to February; every time the north wind blows in Veracruz, a thick fog envelops the inhabitants of Xalapa."