Paphiopedilum barbigerum var aureum 'Steal My Sunshine' HCC/AOS

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice and something to be proud of. May I ask what size leaf span you need to bloom these as well as the size of the pot that they’re residing in?
For me, these first bloomed when the plants were about 4 to 5 inches tip to tip while in 2.25" pots. I have two in bud that are still in the 2.25" pots. Neither are first time bloomers. The one pictured in the post is in a 3" pot. It grew significantly faster than its siblings.

Thanks all! I am really happy with these and their progress.

If it can hitch a ride to judging, I will resubmit. Unfortunately the closest center is almost a 4 hour drive and the little one is not big on car rides.

They are beautiful flowers. It's obvious you are growing barbigerum as well as it can be grown. I also have the issue with the nearest judging center being distant. Some judges may live near you that would be willing to bring your plant with them.
Thank you, Ross.

Not having a close judging center is a bummer, but I am lucky enough to have a good friend who is a judge. He is often kind enough to take my plants. We just have to coordinate.

Darlene, the flower of the sibling is the same quality as Steal My Sunshine.... slightly more compact and the puch more chunky ... lovely .....and the plant the same way healthy and well grown. 👌

Latest posts

Back