Paphinia Majestic

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the reply, Dot! I think I'll appreciate these gorgeous orchids vicariously though the photographs of others. I don't want to be buying orchids only to watch them die due to my neglect. There is no way I could provide humidity levels that high. :eek:

my humidity isn't that high (under lights in apartment), and they do okay. another grower in our club had a plant from my compot and his plant died, and he grows in a basement greenhouse with ultrasonic foggers. he may have tried to grow it too wet, when I think it is a wet/airy grower. it all boils down to which set of conditions best matches allowing some moisture for a while and then drying a bit, then moist again. just a balancing act, and with flowers like that it's worth a try!

Dot, your photos are excellent, much better than my recent attempt! I got mine from Ernie, in bud. It subsequently sent out 3 more spikes, for a total of 4 spikes from one pseudobulb! Makes me feel guilty, almost, and I am worrying that all this blooming is going to set the plant back (spike number 4 is currently in bud). Is this normal behavior for this hybrid? I grow under T12 fluorescents, humidity ranges from 45% to 70%, temps from 60 to 80.

It's interesting; someone posted once about not reading a post because they only open ones w/ photos. :confused: I usually click on 'unread posts' when I get on the forum to see what's new. Is that unusual?
..I try not to click on the Other Orchids link...b/c I end up wanting others then that I don't have the space/conditions/money for! LOL

I use the New Posts link at the top of the page to quickly see what's happening at a glance.

sounds like some just like the instant gratification/entertainment of looking at pictures, and maybe aren't looking for much else. shame that they miss out on learning a lot about things by not reading...

Dot, your photos are excellent, much better than my recent attempt! I got mine from Ernie, in bud. It subsequently sent out 3 more spikes, for a total of 4 spikes from one pseudobulb! Makes me feel guilty, almost, and I am worrying that all this blooming is going to set the plant back (spike number 4 is currently in bud). Is this normal behavior for this hybrid? I grow under T12 fluorescents, humidity ranges from 45% to 70%, temps from 60 to 80.
I think you must have an excellent plant. Mine sent out two spike, but one dried up before it formed buds. Your conditions sound similar to mine.

I use the New Posts link at the top of the page to quickly see what's happening at a glance.
That's what I do, also.

Latest posts

Back