Paph Yi-Ying Green Coral & Others... (Testing My New Camera)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parvi_17

Reaction score
I bought a new DSLR camera this weekend (my first SLR) and I have been playing around with it trying to figure it out. I don't have a macro lens yet so the detail of my photos is still somewhat limited, but I am happy with what I got out of the box. Here are some of the early fruits of my investment (hopefully you can tell the difference between these and photos I have posted from my old camera):

Paph Yi-Ying Green Coral

Paph villosum

Den. loddigesii

Thanks guys! That Dendrobium flower is so small, and my old camera wouldn't even focus on it. This seems to be a great camera, and I look forward to learning from it and extracting its potential.

Cool pics. Doesn't your camera have an inbuilt "Marco" setting? Even with my little Sony point & shoot digital I can get good close up pics. All the photos I post have been with my Cybershot camera with the "Macro" setting on.

tt4n

Cool pics. Doesn't your camera have an inbuilt "Marco" setting? Even with my little Sony point & shoot digital I can get good close up pics. All the photos I post have been with my Cybershot camera with the "Macro" setting on.

tt4n

My old camera was a Cybershot too. This camera has a "close-up" setting but I find I get nicer pics on manual mode, and I set everything up myself (ISO, aperture, etc.). You can get better detail, especially with really small flowers, with a macro lens.

:clap:Do you care to share with us what the brand & model?

It is a Canon EOS Rebel XS, Canon's entry-level DSLR. I was going to buy the Sony Alpha 200, but I read some reviews that suggested it doesn't perform as well in macro. Though this one was a little more expensive, I think it was worth it.

Back