Paph Winter Pearl

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cabnc

Reaction score
This is one I bought during my visit to Marriott Orchids last weekend.

Paph Winter Pearl (Magic Lantern 'Suncoast Flame' x emersonii 'Sweet 16'). For those with a poor memory like me, Magic Lantern is micranthum x delantii. This is a first bloom seedling from Hadley's cross HC2573 - so someone else may have sibs. It is a single growth in a 2-1/2" square pot. The flower has a ns of 12.5 cm.

I have wanted a micranthum cross and I have a couple Magic Lantern seedlings. This poor, fading flower was sitting on the floor along the wall with a lot of other sibs that were alot smaller. My wife was with me (a first for her). When I asked Hadley about the cross, he didn't know he had anything with micranthum in bloom. When I picked up the plant from half way across the greenhouse I could see Hadley thinking. My wife calls out she'll buy it for me for my birthday - Hadley sells it to her for 1/2 what I expected -- she can come again !

Charlie

Attachments

• Flower Dec 2012.jpg
    Flower Dec 2012.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 67
Yes, Happy Birthday. I think you were lucky to have gotten this one. Maybe Hadley was thinking, "I should have seen that one first!"

with a lot of other sibs that were alot smaller. My wife was with me (a first for her). When I asked Hadley about the cross, he didn't know he had anything with micranthum in bloom. When I picked up the plant from half way across the greenhouse I could see Hadley thinking. My wife calls out she'll buy it for me for my birthday - Hadley sells it to her for 1/2 what I expected -- she can come again !
Charlie
NIce. Triple word score!!!

It's interesting how this particular clone has the shape of a malipoense. Happy Birthday!
No, that's the emersonii.

Yes, Happy Birthday. I think you were lucky to have gotten this one. Maybe Hadley was thinking, "I should have seen that one first!"
Very true!!

Back