Paph wilhelminae

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wendy

Just me!
Reaction score
I bought this plant from Paphman 910 two years ago. First time blooming for me. Two other growths are showing signs of sheaths as well. The dorsal is a bit too hooded but I love the colour...it's a keeper! (thanks Paphman 910!!!)

Attachments

• 2008_1020thanksgivingpaphwilh0034.JPG
    2008_1020thanksgivingpaphwilh0034.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 56
  • 2008_1020thanksgivingpaphwilh0032.JPG
    2008_1020thanksgivingpaphwilh0032.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 81
Looks good!

Mine has a spike and another sheath which appears to be empty for now. I thought it was an odd time for it to flower but perhaps not.

I thought wilhelminiae was a compact plant? That looks like it's got a pretty good spread!

Very nice, Wendy! I too like the colour a lot. There's no doubt in my mind that this is wilhelminiae. I've seen this plant in person and if I remember correctly, that's just a 4" or 5" pot. To me, the plant is the right size for a well grown specimen under lights (foliage is always larger under lights, even HID). If that plant was slowly introduced to full sun, or nearly full sun, the new growths that came up would mature at about 1/3 to 1/2 that size.

Thank you. It actually was much more compact when I first got it and I was told it had bloomed previously, although I could not see any sign of an old spike. After I repotted and put it under lights it took off. It's a very healthy plant with a pot (5") full of roots.

Wendy:
I am glad your plant is doing well! It is about 15 years old! I remember the last time it flowered, it had three flowers on a spike.

Paphman910

Wendy:
I am glad your plant is doing well! It is about 15 years old! I remember the last time it flowered, it had three flowers on a spike.

This plant came from Orchid Zone!

Paphman910

Latest posts

Back