Paph. wenshanense

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peter.orchid

Reaction score
Hallo,
This year in April at the International Orchidworld I bought a
Paph. wenshanense from Hanajimaorchid, Japan.
It was near flowering and some weeks later it started flowering.
The flower lasted till today.
It is a natural hybrid between Paph. bellatulum and Paph. concolor.
The color is light yellow with red spots.
paphwenshanense.jpg

Hallo,
This year in April at the International Orchidworld I bought a
Paph. wenshanense from Hanajimaorchid, Japan.
....It is a natural hybrid between Paph. bellatulum and Paph. concolor.
Nice one, but maybe it might be mislabled.
As you wrote properly Paph wenshanense is the natural hybrid contrary the man made hybrid is still Paph conco-bellatulum.
The question is now - is this a progeny of selfing a natural hybrid collected in the wild (wenshanense x wenshanense) or is it just man made concolor x bellatulum = conco-bellatulum.
Quiet confusing but true.

Hello Guru,
on the label it is titelt as Paph. wenshanense (x sibling).
I think, it is no conco-bellatulum but a real wenshanense.

Hallo Peter, willkommen in diesem Forum!!!! Maybe you would like to introduce yourself in the section 'greetings and salutations' ! Jean

Hello Guru,
on the label it is titelt as Paph. wenshanense (x sibling).
I think, it is no conco-bellatulum but a real wenshanense.
Peter,
What I tried to express with my post is, at least in my eyes its hairsplitting to separate P. wenshanense and P. coco-bellatulum !
In your case the label says P. wenshanense x sib that means in my eyes the following:
- pod and pollen plant are from the same seeding.
- your plant is manmade
Is a manmade cross wenshanense x sib still wenshanese, the natural hybrid or is it the artifial hybrid conco bellatulum???
Another excample:
You collected two plants in the wild one concolor and one bellatulum. They grew close together and one had a seed pod (concolor x bellatullum) already. Both plants had more flowers and back at home you did another cross (concolor x bellatulum).
If I'm not wrong the progenies of the first cross are P. wenshanese and those of the second are P. conco-bellatulum ??
That dosn't make sense in my eyes.

Latest posts

Back