Paph. wardii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Migrant13

Mature growth?
Reaction score
A bit disappointed with this one but at least it's blooming. I don't recall seeing these with more than one flower per stalk...is this unusual for wardii?

I don't know how common it is. Mine did it the second time it flowered though.

The plant doesn't look like it's that old, so it still has time to improve the flowers. Unless it's a plant that doesn't hold that many growths?

Wow, a flowering warding, yo are obviously doing something right. Two flowers, good dark petals and pouch. It will be good to see its second bloom when open. (My plant grows, but does not bloom)

Nice, most of my wardii - I currently have 3 different clones, usually bloom with 1 flower, but when they get up to multigrowth plants I have seen the same plants put out 2 flowers. Its not unusual, a sign of good health. Keep on doing what ever you are doing. Well done.

The flowers will be more 'formal' looking, and a bit larger when there is only one flower. That second bud does draw energy away from the first bud.

Back