Paph. wardii fma. alboviride

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a healthy plant! Looks like a compact grower. Well done! I would love to see my wardii growing so well.

What a healthy plant! Looks like a compact grower. Well done! I would love to see my wardii growing so well.

Thanks, it is indeed a good grower. Having said that, sometimes it blooms in a small growth. I'm unsure if its a good thing or not but it seems like it hasn't affected the vigor of the plant just yet.

I think that is normal and common.
Often, my paphs will make fans with only one or two leaves and spike.

At least for my plants, I rarely see subsequent growths bear as many leaves as the very first growth. I think it has to do with building up themsevels.
They have to grow leaves up to certain point as a seedling, then once they reach maturity, they can make more fans with less leaves but still manage with all the growths and leaves help the entire plant to function well.
Just my idea, but probably not too off.

I recently found a bud on a fairly new growth on my plant too. My P. appletonianum is the same only more so. It made me nervous too.
My green wardii seems to be more vigorous than the type, but I only have one plant of each so.
Don

Latest posts

Back