Paph. villosum 'Stephen Manza' AM/AOS

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Based on the small stature of the plant and the form and color of the flower this plant is most likely villosum var. laichanum.
Paphiopedilum villosum var laichaunum is a smaller plant than other villosum but keep in mind that the flower structure and color are most important. A villosum var. laichanum plant might be bigger in stature than described if it was grown under low light conditions so don’t discount it because it’s too large. I have a few plants that were bigger than the description when I got them but have corrected themselves as I grew them in proper light.

Indeed a great shape flower Don. I must procure a piece!

I agree with everyone here. It is the newly described var laichaunum with the unmistakable yellow dorsal and chestnut markings.

Indeed a great shape flower Don. I must procure a piece!

I agree with everyone here. It is the newly described var laichaunum with the unmistakable yellow dorsal and chestnut markings.
As far as I know I will be at the soos show in Toronto to help set up our society display. That's in Feb. of course. As it gets closer to the time we could make more concrete arrangements if you are still interested in a piece of the plant.

Latest posts

Back