Paph venustum red and yellow pouch

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eggshells

Humongous Gnat
Reaction score
Are there any clues or differences on the leaves that one will be able to tell between the red and yellow pouch venustum?

Example.

DSCN3284.JPG

VS

DSCN1495.JPG

photos taken from yangji's website. Hope he doesnt mind.

I have noticed that some venustum leaves are glossy while others (most) are not, whatever that means.:confused:
The second pic specimen is extraordinary!

I can only hope that these red pouched venustums will be available in Europe somewere in the future.

I am not sure but I think its called var. bhutanensis. I haven't seen a nursery offered the particular variety. They do however use the clonal name 'RED' etc.

The leaves on venustum are quite varied even among populations of similar varieties in the wild. I haven't seen any connection between leaves and flower colors for this species.

I have noticed that some venustum leaves are glossy while others (most) are not, whatever that means.:confused:
The second pic specimen is extraordinary!

Mat or flat finish in paint terms. I know what you mean Mike, but I've never seen a truly glossy leaved venustum. Intriguing.

Latest posts

Back