Paph. vejvarutianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

physiognomy

Reaction score
I stopped by the DOS fall show this morning and had a great conversation with Andy from Andy's Orchids. He usually has a handful of Paph. & Phrag. species & I decided to bring this little Paph. vejvarutianum home with me.

Paph%2520vejvarutianum%25202.jpg

Paph%2520vejvarutianum%25201.jpg

Nice flower -- good purchase, Peter!

Thanks, Dot! I will try to take some better pics with the whole flower in focus tomorrow... I was being lazy and opted for a hand-holdable shutter speed instead of getting out my tripod.

How so? I'm not seeing it. They both look rather long and narrow, each growth is fan-shaped. Peter's plant looks a little darker at the base of the leaves, but other than camera angle, they look similar to me.

The leaves of Peters plant are flat, a little bit wavy at the edges and more thin as the leaves of L I Janes plant. Her Paphs leaves are V-shaped, fleshy, more on the succulent side.

The leaves of Peters plant are flat, a little bit wavy at the edges and more thin as the leaves of L I Janes plant. Her Paphs leaves are V-shaped, fleshy, more on the succulent side.

Could just be culture differences. But without source knowledge probably no way of telling for sure.

Latest posts

Back