Paph Uncas '#1'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ross

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a remake of the 1971 hybrid. The original was Winston Churchill x Mildred Hunter. This remake was done using Mildred Hunter as the seed parent. I got a small compot or flask (I can't quite remeber which.)of these in 2001 from Matt Pederson.

Approximate measurements: NS=12.0cm, DW=9.0cm, PW=5.5cm

PaphUncas3111.jpg

hi Ross,

still a very good above average Paph. complex type
how many did you flower of this remake ? did they come out pretty even
should be with MHI AND WCHI in the package !

thanx for sharing
cliokchi:)
This is a remake of the 1971 hybrid. The original was Winston Churchill x Mildred Hunter. This remake was done using Mildred Hunter as the seed parent. I got a small compot or flask (I can't quite remeber which.)of these in 2001 from Matt Pederson.

Approximate measurements: NS=12.0cm, DW=9.0cm, PW=5.5cm

PaphUncas3111.jpg

Good flower Ross, worth breeding with. Using the Mildred Hunter as pod parent seems to have bulked up the flower.

I agree with you on that, Ray. In answer to Cliokchi's question on improvement, the overall size is larger than Mildred Hunter, but slightly smaller than Winston Churchill. While the petals are slightly narrower than WC's award measurements (5.5cm compared to 6.0cm), they appear fuller, probably because they are flatter and less pinched at the center. I have Mildred Hunter 'Ilena' open. I will try to get a side by side photo.

I only had about six plants from the cross. Three bloomed for me. Here's pictures of previous blooms of #2 and #3.
'#2'
PaphUncas2-2.jpg

'#3'
PaphUncas3-1.jpg

Back