Paph tranlienianum flask

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eggshells

Humongous Gnat
Reaction score
I bought a tranlienianum flask that was discounted because it was jumbled during transit and some of the leaves were turning brown. However some seedlings seems to be okay.

These are all I got and a broken shard of glass in my foot.

IMG_1513.jpg

IMG_1514.jpg

IMG_1529.jpg

IMG_1530.jpg

and the amputees

IMG_1531.jpg

the seedlings with the center leaf brown will most likely die...but overall ..decent seedlings with nice roots...score!!

Too much K! (extracted from the media) The browned of plants might survive if you water with plain water for a month or two. Let them all harden off.

the seedlings with the center leaf brown will most likely die...but overall ..decent seedlings with nice roots...score!!
My feelings also..
Too much K! (extracted from the media) The browned of plants might survive if you water with plain water for a month or two. Let them all harden off.

but, worth a try if you keep separated from the halthy ones.

still some good ones... i am for pulling the ones with brown in the middle. looks to me like they are past saving but you'll know for sure in a few days.

also--don't over-water the compots at this stage. watering flasklings too frequently is an easy way to kill them.

Good luck and growing these kids!!!! I hope many survive for u! Keep us updated!

I would say trim the brown wet leaf to green location ( i believe they don't stop or dry on their own), then dust with sulfur , don't throw them out.

Update 03.17.12

Just updating for everyone who are interested. I'm seeing some progressions on these tranlienianum seedlings.

When I deflasked it I didn't treat them with fungicide/bacteriacide because I have heard of them inhibitng the growth. However after a few days I have noticed that the brown leaves are spreading to other leaves. I cut off some of the leaves that I am able to cut and sprayed everything with phyton27 because at this point I cant segregate them. I also put a desk fan directly on them overnight. This procedure resulted that the brown leaves have dried out.

After a couple of weeks after this procedure. The seedlings are looking good and the leaves are harder compared the day that I deflasked them as they are really tender and gets easily bruised. The flasklings that are affected with the brown leaves are either both growing a new leaf on top and a side shoots.

They aren't out of the woods yet but I think they will be okay. Pictures below as reference.

seedling with brown leaf that dried out and growing a new leaf and a side shoot.

DSC_0299.jpg

Close Up

DSC_0303.jpg

A seedling with brown leaf that dried out and growing a new bigger leaf

DSC_0304.jpg

Pictures of brown leaf that was stop from spreading

DSC_0305.jpg

DSC_0306.jpg

The small one also are doing well

DSC_0308.jpg

A seedling that gre a side shoot

DSC_0309.jpg

So far not a single flaskling has died yet but I will be keeping my fingers crossed. I am giving extra attention with these ones. I didn't throw anything out and planted even the smallest in the flask.

This is very encouraging...!!! It seems that you keep them happy and strong!!! Keep up the good work :clap:

Tranlienianum tends to grow like a weed, even easier than spicerianum... The seedlings definitely look nice, some could bloom even next year.

You are good well with growing seedlings from flask! Glad you treated them with a fungicide\bactericide to stop the rot and used a fan the dry them overnight!

Paphman910

Latest posts

Back