Paph. tigrinum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdlsreno

Reaction score
Finally, one of the three spikes initiated bloomed! The other two bud blasted as you can see on the picture of the whole plant. I followed H. Koopowitz advice of placing it in a cooler and humid environment. So I lowered the light intensity and placed it in a cooler environment and it bloomed. I also tried not to get the crowns wet. This plant also I bought two years ago as a previously flowered plant (I intentionally did this so I know the plant can bloom, I was afraid the bud blasting was genetically influenced). This is the first time I saw the flower and I am happy. It came from Orchid Zone.

Ramon:)

Paph. tigrinum
2652341170_e6f255ef86_b.jpg

Pap. tigrinum plant
2652341408_69b3bedd7c_b.jpg

Finally, one of the three spikes initiated bloomed! The other two bud blasted as you can see on the picture of the whole plant. I followed H. Koopowitz advice of placing it in a cooler and humid environment. So I lowered the light intensity and placed it in a cooler environment and it bloomed.

Nice flower Ramon!!

Just want to clarify, do you put the plant in a lower light, cooler and humid environment after you see the sheath or Koopowitz suggests to grow this plant in that kind of environment?

Very nice flower and nice pic - I love how the little fuzzies show up on the edges of the petals! :)

Nice flower Ramon!!

Just want to clarify, do you put the plant in a lower light, cooler and humid environment after you see the sheath or Koopowitz suggests to grow this plant in that kind of environment?

Right. It initiates fairly easy that is when I put it in a this condition.

Ramon:)

I brought my tigrinum in to see yours in flower.

I hope they take it as a challenge to do as good

Very nice Ramon:clap:

Back