Paph Tiger Mountain

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdamD

Catasetinae Crazed
Reaction score
I thought this story was pretty interesting. The cross is William Mathews x tigrinum 'Windy Hill'. It was in Marilyn's display at our OS show and sale a few weeks back. At the time it wasn't named. Marilyn did some research and William Mathews was registered by Charlesworth and Co. in 1904. In the Sander's book (1974) it was listed with one T and two T's in different parts of the book. After some research and inquiry at RHS it was determined that the hybrid was registered with one T. William Mathews was a famous English explorer and mountaineer from the late 19th and early 20th centuries, and probably a friend to Charlesworth. Thus the name Tiger Mountain.

It got pulled for judging, but no awards this time. I asked Marilyn if she had anymore available but she had sold the last ones the night before at the preshow and sale. Oh well. It really grabbed my attention. Sorry for the poor photo. Hopefully some better ones will surface soon from Paul MC. Thanks for looking!

Back