Paph thaianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

truemadman

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just want to share ......

Attachments

• Paph thaianum.jpg
    Paph thaianum.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 99
WOW! super potiental! I figured Paph thaianum flowers would improve as more became available. All-a-round nice!

cool! where did you get it, and how do you grow it? also could you point out where you live so we can have more insight to your culture? thanks!

I thought that this was in the u.s. already as niveum that had been imported and found to be dwarf forms.. ie then thaianum

cool! where did you get it, and how do you grow it? also could you point out where you live so we can have more insight to your culture? thanks!

I thought that this was in the u.s. already as niveum that had been imported and found to be dwarf forms.. ie then thaianum

I'm in Thailand, the origin place of paph thaianum. These guys grow under the same conditions as paph niveum. With one exception, may be a little dryer.

Lastest info I have, no CITES was issued for this guy yet. It was said that they will issue one for flask.:evil:

that's a really nice little species...

interestingly, these are available from Taiwan nurseries in flasks in great numbers... and that means available in Oz :evil:

Apparently, thainium had been imported into the USA for years and was thought to be a poor sport of niveum. Some people still have some of those around. I thought thaianum had green lines on the stami? Thanx for posting.

Back