Paph. Stella Lim

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperFan

Addicted
Reaction score
delenatii x platyphyllum. This has potential, but it hardly made it out of the leaves (not much of a spike), and it's quite wonky. Maybe next time...

Paph_StellaLim.jpg

Marilyn Hanson does this for us too sometimes. Will probably bloom out next go, but will reappear at will.

-Ernie

My niveum X topperi had similar issues but not as severe. I feel the flower quality will impove if it blooms with cooler air tempatures.

Roy! :rolleyes: There are some fine Stella Lims out there. I have one that is finally recovering from a fungal problem that I got from Rattecliffe years ago. Hopefully it will come out OK.

Dot
Your last 3 posts had deformed flowers, what bug spray was used recently, say a month ago? Not a big deal, it is more important to keep the insects under control, but possibly some combination of bug spray and temperatures are causing the wonky flowers.

Roy! :rolleyes: There are some fine Stella Lims out there. I have one that is finally recovering from a fungal problem that I got from Rattecliffe years ago. Hopefully it will come out OK.

Eric, someone has to flower a goodone eventually. Like all Paph crosses, flower enough you have to be lucky sooner or later.

Dot
Your last 3 posts had deformed flowers, what bug spray was used recently, say a month ago? Not a big deal, it is more important to keep the insects under control, but possibly some combination of bug spray and temperatures are causing the wonky flowers.
None, Leo -- I haven't used an insecticide on my plant since I brought them in last Fall. Interestingly, the deformed Paphs and Phrag are growing in different locations, and all the other plants in those two locations that have bloomed since last Fall have been fine.

The Phrag, notice, has yellow streaks on it's leaves. It developed these streaks shortly after I purchased it a year or so ago. It's the only plant I have that has these streaks on it.

Go figure!

The same growth that gave forth the above single flower, sprouted a spike with 3 flowers. These aren't as malformed as the first one, but two of the three have slightly wonky pouches. But they are better, and hold promise for the future.

Paph_Stella-Lim.jpg

I have Luna Moth X Pinocchio that seems to produce a malformed spike first then a second spike from the same growth that's mostly OK...bizarre habit! Your second spike looks pretty good to me!

Latest posts

Back