Paph. Spring Moonbeam first-bloomer

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

Ed M

I picked-up this first-bloom seedling Paph. at the Nashville Lawn & Garden Show last night. Pretty neat finding a possibly award quality Paph at garden show.

The plant is Paph. Spring Moonbeam, which is a hybrid of Paph. sukhakulii frma. aureum 'Classic' x Paph. Luna Jewel 'The Dorse'", registered last month by Lehua Orchids. The natural span across the flower is just a tad over six inches. (The leafspan is only eight inches.) Very nice checkered-varigated foliage with three new growths coming up...so it looks like its vigorous too. Flower stem is eight inches so its not too tall. As with many first-bloom seedling Paphs the flower has a slight flaw...there's a small depressed area on the front left side of the pouch. Usually these flaws dissappear on future bloomings.

I also found an excellent first-bloom seedling Phal. venosa at the show which I'll try to show tomorrow. You never know what treasures you'll find at these non-orchid shows.

VERY Nice find....... I know what you mean, never know what you'll get a these garden shows.... Jim.

Sensational. It has a real unique look to it. Great find. The shape looks perfect. Certainly worth putting before the judges in future flowerings.

David

Oh! Lovely green and spotting on that one! You say it looks like it'll be vigorous....want to share a division w/ me later?? :)

Back