Paph. Harold Koopowitz first-bloomer

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

Ed M

This is a first-bloom seedling of Paph. Harold Koopowitz, a primary hybrid of Paph. malipoense x rothschildianum. The inflorescence had three flowers…the first two were crippled, but this one turned out OK. Flower size is about seven inches across.

Attachments

• PaphHaroldKoopowitz2014B.jpg
    PaphHaroldKoopowitz2014B.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 120
If this is JEM's Pregnant Lady, its the best one I've seen. I say its labeled correctly as a HK. The dorsal and pouch screams HK. The petals are on the narrow side for most HKs but acceptable.

I assure you all, this plant is a Paph. Harold Koopowitz. I bought them as a compot from ladyslipper.com. I've bloomed four so far. They all match with other Harold Koopowitz photos found on-line…except the petals are not as wide as in the awarded clones. Paph. Jem's Pregnant Lady is a hybrid of Paph. Lady Isabel x malipoense. Paph. Lady Isabel is a primary of rothschildianum x stonei. Paph. Harold Koopowitz is rothschildianum x malipoense. There would be obvious similarities, but I really didn't think it was necessary to defend the parentage of my plant. It is what it is.

Back