Paph. spicerianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperFan

Addicted
Reaction score
I'm taking bets as to whether the dorsal sepal will re-curve.

Paph_spicerianum.jpg

I love them and I will definately purchase one...:D Yours is very beautiful!!!

Excellent - I very much prefer yours compared to the one I have - great picture too

WOW... Dot that is just awesome, my plant has 3 buds I hope one would look half as good as yours. Thanks, Jim.

Wow, that's great Dot. Very strong photo; I'd frame that puppy and hang it up. :clap:
It's an awesome photo, unbelievable how much texture there is to the flower. Will it re-curve? Probably :(, but isn't that par for the species?! Where did you get this one?

Are you SURE you didn't iron that?! :D

It'll remain lovely either way--this species has a sculptural quality that doesn't really lend itself to flatness in the way some others seem to at their best.

Dot, I'm not sure which is more worthy of praise, the flower or the photography! It certainly is a beauty. Mine has 3 buds just peeking out, can't wait to see them!

It may recurve now, you have the shot!!!! Bravo again! this is really an except. bloom imo;
Waiting for mine to open, but with this beauty for comparison, I am sure to be disappointed :eek::eek:! Jean

Mine is about to open too but this one is a king ! As said by JeanLux, I am sure I will suffer ! :rollhappy:

It is one of that greenish P. spicerianums I like more than the dirty brownish coloured ones. As to the dorsal I won't bet - maybe you glued it on a piece of cardboard ? :rollhappy:

Best regards from Germany, rudolf

Where did you get this one?
Rose, I lucked out. I stopped over at Green Acres Orchids a couple months ago -- their going out of business sale is continuing at -25%, found this in low bud, and bought it, along with a few others.

Thanks everyone. I enjoyed your speculations about why the dorsal is flat. I'll let you know if it curves back.

i know a commercial grower who will make a brace out of, i think qtip-types to keep things straight.
back when i learned about it i thought it was a neat trick. now i kinda think it's cheating but i have no idea how widespread it is.

It did curve. It's still pretty nice, though.
Why 'still'? I like it. You can view the dorsal from the sides too now, not just from the front. This is more natural for this species anyway, right?
It is more natural but some recurve alot more than that. I personsally don't like excessive recurve but the flat ones don't look natural to me, they look like X's. This is a nice halfway!

Latest posts

Back