Paph (Skip Bartlett X primulinum)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ross

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure why this cross was made other than to satisfy curiosity.
PaphSkipBartlettxprimulinumKC-1.jpg

:rollhappy: That's exactly what I thought when I first saw the cross. The freckles are charming! I quite like it! :clap:

Hmm... I wonder how many cats died for this curiosity :rolleyes:

Its quite attractive though. I like it :) I wonder if it will behave like other primulinum hybrids, like Pinnochio, and just keep blooming and blooming and blooming... Though I guess your plant is still too young for us to find out.

Here's an idea, cross Skip Bartlett to a primulinum var alba Pinnochio and find out. (I assume the prinmulinum in the above case was an alba...)

tt4n

Well Ross he looks like he is "tipping his hat" with that off-centered dorsal. It does have an interesting expression of dots.

Ross,
Very nice!!! It's not what you'd expect!! I figured on more color, but it depends on what primulinum was used!!! ??? How big is the plant, flower & more buds???

Tom

I kind of like it maybe next time it will have a little better shape. Jim.

I like the spots too! If the dorsal straightens out - it's definitely a QT!

As I've said before, it's not fair to judge a cross on a single plant, but given the characteristics of the primulinum parent in breeding, the result is not surprising. Just judging this individual, even if the cockeyed dorsal resolves itself, the dorsal is smaller and the petals narrower than I would like. This is its second blooming. I might give it one more blooming.

Latest posts

Back