Paph sanderianum seedlings

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, Rick! I've been using MSU and Orchid focus. I used to swear by Peters 20-20-20 for my African violets. I'll give it a whirl! :)

I use MSU with very good results for sanderianum growth too. But using oyster shell (also advocated by Rick H) helps retain the P in the mix which is otherwise in short supply in comparison between MSU and Peters formulas. It also supports the pH of the mix.

A dash of bone meal is also a good idea.

Anyway I don't think the type of fertilizer is as important as the air environment for these guys.

.. :D BTW, are sanderianums easy to raise from seedlings? are they just slow or do they need any special requirements? TIA.. :)
Chuck Acker told me he knows more people that have killed sands & doesn't understand why, he's finding them easy to grow. He thinks people baby them because of the cost. I got a compot 8/07, the 2 littlest ones are very slow, but expected. 2 I put in SH & to find this summer they had no roots, I put them back in bark so the jury is still out on them. 4 of them took off. I read Rick's recommendation & then considered the area of the GH mine are in & I'd have to say it's pretty similar!

Latest posts

Back