Paph. rothschildianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperFan

Addicted
Reaction score
I couldn't believe it when I saw a bud emerging from a one-growth seedling! But now that it is open, I understand why so many paphaholics are crazy about roth. Parents are ‘Janet’ FCC/AOS x ‘Chester Hill’ AM/AOS -- from Carter & Holmes.

Paph_rothschildianum-front.jpg

Paph_rothschildianum-side.jpg

Paph_rothschildianum-1-side.jpg

Paph_rothschildianum-staminode.jpg

*Faints*

Those are some amazing shots of some fabulous flowers! :drool:

oh my, that is a very fine roth. very nice. i hope it starts a second growth soon--this is definitely a keeper.

Oh, wow! Your photography never ceases to amaze me! You've once again captured the beauty of an exquisite orchid! :clap:

I just had to pull myself back up from the floor too. I still can't decide what's better, your pictures, or the flowers!

COOOL staminode shot almost makes me feel uncomfortable. Looking at things you cant norally see with the eye up close like the eyes of a fly freak me out lol

:clap:
Wonderfull flowers and your pics are fantastic. What is the size of the largest flower ?

Dot, these blooms are lovely, beautiful, stunning ....but the photos are the worst I've ever seen from you :drool::drool::drool:

Dot,

I'm convinced you could even make me look handsome with your photography!!!
That's the nicest of the (Janet X Chester Hills) I've seen! Speaks to your great culture.

My one growth roth. died when I let it bloom. I hope yours doesn't weaken...maybe you should cut the spike(gasp). It's wonderful.

Thanks everyone -- you are all too kind!

paworsport, the first flower to open (bottom one) has a ns of 7.5" (10.05 cm)

are you using studio-equipment by any chance?

No -- my set-up is really quite simple: a table in the middle of my sunroom, black velvet behind the plant. No direct sun. I often use a reflector-card to bounce light up into the dorsal. I always use a tripod. Although I have a Nikon DSLR, I've been using my new Fuji Finepix 5200 for the past two or three months.

Latest posts

Back