Paph. rothschildianum 'Black Licorice'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This roth has everything going for it except for the clonal name. I think it should be 'Red Licorice'!

I don't like Red Licorice (too sweet), but I am a fan of Black Licorice (as I am Dutch), and I wanted to give it a "Dark" clonal name, so I thought "Black Licorice" would be appropriate.

Robert

I agree with what everyone is saying BUT, handy plant size? Maybe Robert & others that have this cross, can comment on plant size. I just repotted mine to an 8" pot. It would have a leafspan of 32" but I removed one of the lower, longest leaves due to the new growths coming in.

I think the plant size is about average for any blooming Roth that I have seen. The leafspan of "Black Licorice" is 82 cm (~ 25 ").

Robert

Looking back at the old post, the first plant bloomed a bit over 4 years out of flask with 4 flowers!!! The bulk of this flask seems to be blooming at 5 years from flask. Still pretty darn good:clap::clap::clap:

Roth (like stonei) has a reputation for being slow for most folks. What are your growing parameters?

The secret is "Green Jungle" orchid fertilizer...
I just noticed another seedling from this cross, that is spiking on it's first growth!

Robert

Back