Paph. rothschildianum 'Black Licorice'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Drorchid

This is from one of my own crosses: rothschildianum 'Borneo Dark' x 'Dark Chocolate'. Last year I posted the first seedling to bloom from this cross:
http://www.slippertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6581&highlight=Dark+Chocolate&page=5 It is not the largest flower (28 cm across), but I like the dark color.

PaphrothschildianumBlackLicoriceBor.jpg

PaphrothschildianumBlackLicorice422.jpg

PaphrothschildianumBlackLicorice-si.jpg

PaphrothschildianumBlackLicorice-cl.jpg

Robert

Nice Robert!!! I have one from your nursery! I hope the same quality.

Did the seedlings bloom always with 2 growths?

Nice Robert!!! I have one from your nursery! I hope the same quality.

Did the seedlings bloom always with 2 growths?

Yes, all the one we have bloomed thus far, have all bloomed from the second growth.

Robert

:clap: :clap: I have a sibling, I'll be thrilled if it looks like that!
Nice Robert!!! I have one from your nursery! I hope the same quality.Did the seedlings bloom always with 2 growths?

Sorry Robert yours might, I guess I hope mine is just around the corner. Had 2 new growths last summer & pushed a third by fall & no blooms :( .I have 2 sunburn marks on one leaf so I would think light is not a problem.

Four flowers of this size on a first flowering plant is not bad. Very good colour and the shape and presentation is pleasant too. And don't forget about this very handy plant size!

This roth has everything going for it except for the clonal name. I think it should be 'Red Licorice'!

Four flowers of this size on a first flowering plant is not bad. Very good colour and the shape and presentation is pleasant too. And don't forget about this very handy plant size!
I agree with what everyone is saying BUT, handy plant size? Maybe Robert & others that have this cross, can comment on plant size. I just repotted mine to an 8" pot. It would have a leafspan of 32" but I removed one of the lower, longest leaves due to the new growths coming in.

Back