Paph Prince Edward of York

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

bench72

For those who may have seen the thread Guessing Game # ....562 or something like that, here is the plant with the flowers opened.

Paph rothschildianum 'Radical' x Paph sanderianum 'Daddy Long Legs'
3042435821_4cc536a691.jpg

cheers
tim

WOW. That is a beautiful dark clone Tim. A bit different to your standard PEOY. Nice beefy flowers as well. Very nice.

David

:clap: Lovely, I thought the petals might twist. Tim - give us an idea on size of the plant please & is this a single growth? I can see the new start in front, this looks to be a rather compact plant, I was under the impression a PEOY needed to be more mature with a new growth 1/2 mature before blooming?
Mine's starting to unfurl!

Thanks for the nice comments everyone.

give us an idea on size of the plant please & is this a single growth? I can see the new start in front, this looks to be a rather compact plant...

umm... i'm not sure if it is just my condition but many of my plants tend to bloom on smaller plants than others i have seen at show...

having said that, this plant isn't one of the smaller ones... the two bottom leaves are about 25cm (10 inches) each. It is only one mature growth with two new starts, the one you can see and another smaller one coming off the other bottom leaf.

cheers
tim

nice thanks. I saw its parent Roth 'Radical' last year. Can see the family resemblence.

The flowers are so strong, they remind me images of athletes. Simply gorgeous.

Latest posts

Back