Paph. Pine Glow x vietnamense

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperFan

Addicted
Reaction score
Pine Glow X vietnamense 'October Bride' -- a little wonky, but I like the color. Maybe it will improve???

Paph_PineGlowxvietnamense.jpg

I got one of those. When it bloomed early this year, it was much better than the one last year.

It's not bad considering the cross, Pine Glow = Pinocchio x glaucophyllum, so one can see that in it and also the vietnamense. I think it would depend on the vietnamense that was used, the earlier ones I thought were kinda crummy, they didn't do much for me & as a parent what are they going to contribute? As of late we've seen some much nicer clones. I like the coloring but it's your bench space in the end! If you don't give it another try, you'll never know, are there more pros to cons?

Will it be sequential? It looks like it might have another bloom coming. That would be the deciding factor for me.

It is possible there will be improvement, but I'll add that any bloom with that kind of shape is very hard to bloom out with an even lip to the pouch. Nice bloom, however.

Latest posts

Back