Paph philippinense

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roy

Reaction score
The spike & buds on a P.philippinense that I have not flowered before. I bought the plant 3 years ago as a flowering size plant but that was a little stretch of the truth. Its finally got there.

DSCN0992.jpg

wow congratulations!! my plant is getting big but no flowers yet!! hopefully it will flower by next year

The spike & buds on a P.philippinense that I have not flowered before. I bought the plant 3 years ago as a flowering size plant but that was a little stretch of the truth. Its finally got there.

DSCN0992.jpg

The buds are starting to spread but it looks as if there are only 2. This maybe because the flowering growth is a 2 year old growth I thought wouldn't flower. I need your opinions if these buds look like philippinense. They don't look right to me for some reason.

index_001_001-4.jpg

Roy, Like Candace said "green in the dorsal doesn't look right." Also I don't ever recall philippinense having solid red ovaries either or solid colored flower brackets.

Latest posts

Back