Paph. Mystic Knight 'Snow Fox'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paphioland

Reaction score
DSC00226-1-1-1.jpg

Orchid Zone. Made with White Knight 'Full Moon'. Makes Very White Mystic Knights.

Same as this previously posted Mystic Knight. There was very poor germination and only a few of these exist. These are two of the best. Snow Fox is the best one. http://www.slippertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4893&highlight=mystic+Knight

It's probably white, but it's so overexposed one can't tell for sure.

Your right it is purple.
It is the second whitest paph besides the other white complex I have that I posted a link to I have ever seen. That is excluding delenatii albums of course . The thick substance reflects the light. It is that white. Actually it got slightly whiter. I am not photographer but I am a paph and phrag collector hybridizer. I posted it for people to enjoy. I like looking at the photo and the plant and figured others would too.

.... I am not photographer but I am a paph and phrag collector hybridizer. I posted it for people to enjoy. I like looking at the photo and the plant and figured others would too.

We are enjoying it and are glad you posted it! (Don't stop!) And are envious with the plants in your collection!
There are times I struggle at photos & at my skill level, would find this one a bit challenging to photograph. The 'tips' from the pros, I like, it helps me to try to improve my photos, to capture the true beauty of the flower and it's even then, more enjoyable when you look back at the photo, when the plant is no longer in bloom! I'm wondering if a different color background would help? The black background might be too contrasting to the white flower, throwing the light meter reading off?

We are enjoying it and are glad you posted it! (Don't stop!) And are envious with the plants in your collection!
There are times I struggle at photos & at my skill level, would find this one a bit challenging to photograph. The 'tips' from the pros, I like, it helps me to try to improve my photos, to capture the true beauty of the flower and it's even then, more enjoyable when you look back at the photo, when the plant is no longer in bloom! I'm wondering if a different color background would help? The black background might be too contrasting to the white flower, throwing the light meter reading off?

LOL. I am no photographer. I can't take seriously things I am not that interested in. I am to busy loving the plants to be bothered with taking great quality photos. I do what I can do. Maybe someday I will become interested in photography.

I remember what plants look like, so I don't have to rely on the photo. I just need the photo to jog my memory as to which clone it was. This one by the way looks very much like the photo in daylight.

DSC00225-1.jpg

Here I found another pic of the flower. This one might be better. I think the true flower is somewhere in between these two photos.
Regardless, this is one of my favorite whites I have seen and I LOVE white complexes.

Beautiful! The clarity of the stam & the area adds so much!!!

LOL. I am no photographer. I can't take seriously things I am not that interested in. I am to busy loving the plants to be bothered with taking great quality photos. I do what I can do. Maybe someday I will become interested in photography.

I can thoroughly understand that! Different strokes for different folks! :) The flowers are what pushes me to take better pics!

WOW!!! That is just awesome, I don't have anything with much white in it, maybe I'll look into them and see what I can find. Jim.

oh yes!!! your 2nd pict shows me a pretty white bloom that I would gladly take into my gh, even not being a 'complex' amateur!!! Jean

Latest posts

Back