Paph. Mildred Hunter

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

Barbara

I was looking through the pictures on my computer and ran across this one which probably bloomed over three months ago, but better late then never.

HPIM2578.jpg

Not my fav. slipper by any means but it has an interesting bloom when it finally gets around to it!

Hope you like it.

Looks like kindergardeners got into the crayons!

:rollhappy:

I was tempted to make a fake flower and stick on it!

It was pretty much rootless when I got it a few years ago and it's had some difficulty since then. Now it's doing much better since I finally figured out that it needs to be repotted regularly. It currently has a two new fans coming on it.

I can see why they liked to use it for breeding, it really is very colourful.

Thanks everyone for your kind comments.

Mildred Hunter

Dear Barbara,
Not wanting to cause controvasy but are you sure its a straight Mildred Hunter?
Flowered a lot in the past and 'tho its similar I feel it might just be a cross from.
It could even be with P. farrieanum or even a red P. Maudiae.
Anything for a good discussion??
Like to know its origin?
Maybe its a remake of the old original using different parental clones.
Paul:evil:

Dear Barbara,
Not wanting to cause controvasy but are you sure its a straight Mildred Hunter?
Flowered a lot in the past and 'tho its similar I feel it might just be a cross from.
It could even be with P. farrieanum or even a red P. Maudiae.
Anything for a good discussion??
Like to know its origin?
Maybe its a remake of the old original using different parental clones.
Paul:evil:

I doesn't look like Paph Mildred Hunter that I have seen, with the clone 'Ileana' being the best known and used for breeding. It easily could be a hybrid of Mildred Hunter x a red complex or like you say Maudiae or fairreanum. Mildred Hunter doesn't present a red dorsal sepal but instead a very insigne-like dorsal with a broad white border.

I didn’t think it was Mildred Hunter either, after looking at the pictures of it online. Maybe the grower’s name tag does lie!

Latest posts

Back