Paph micranthum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here is a photo of a few micranthum in bloom.

Sorry you can't see the one to the rear which has a much larger and broader pouch. But notice the one to the right that isn't opened all the way yet. It seems to be very dark, but the dorsal sepal is split. I assume next time it will bloom out without the split dorsal sepal.

Nice!
I noticed the split dorsal right away. It'll be quite interesting to see the open bloom.
Is your greenhouse on the warm side or are they pale colored ones??
And is that malipoense in bud?

How do you find micranthum? Culture wise??

Nice!
I noticed the split dorsal right away. It'll be quite interesting to see the open bloom.
Is your greenhouse on the warm side or are they pale colored ones??
And is that malipoense in bud?

How do you find micranthum? Culture wise??

Well, they call them malipoense 'Jacki' x sib. Have three in bud and one the bud dried up. Make me an offer that I can't refuse.

Paph. micranthum are all over the place as far as how much color you will get. I see no correspondence to temp. My greenhouse was set on a constant 50 degrees in Sept. and Oct. Remember, that doesn't mean that it doesn't warm up during the day via the sun. Then on a constant 55 in Nov. and on the first of Dec. it went to 68 in the day and 60 at night. All these buds have been sitting next to each other all this time. Remember these guys like the cold. I do water them more often once I see a sheath or bud. For me that means every 5 days this time of year, while the rest of the greenhouse is being watered about every 10 days.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back