Paph micranthum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

dan_t

Hi everyone - this one has just come out for me. It's the first flowering for the plant, and I'm quite pleased with it! Any criticisms of the flower welcome!

Dan

Paphmicranthum2.jpg

Paphmicranthum1.jpg

Very cool and nice color.

What was the source of this plant?

There is a lot of variation in the proportions of petals and dorsal sepal in this species. This one has relatively small petals and dorsal relative to the pouch.

:clap: :clap: Congrats on blooming! :clap: It will be interesting to see if the dorsal & petals get bigger on the next blooming.

Hi - thanks everyone for your comments!

I got the plant from a guy who comes over from his nursery in Thailand every 6 months to sell them in the UK - I've found his plants of great quality. The armeniacum I posted the other day was from him as well :D

Dan

Criticism welcome? I'm not about to criticize anyone who blooms micranthum.............Well done! Eric

You're doing very well; flowering parvi. species that are pretty difficult to bloom. Unless the pouch is HUMUNGOUS, the only criticism would be the relatively tiny dorsal and petals. Thanx for postin.

Fantastic! I hope mine will bloom like this...:D Could you post a picture of the whole plant??? Thanks, anyway!!!

Back