Paph. micranthum var. eburneum (guangxi)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's the difference between 3 blasts and one bloom? Consent water?
Beautiful clear dorsal, rarely seen.

Thanks it seems like the reason that they blasted is because I did my best (and different things) to stop blasting them.

This year, I left it alone. I continued watering it and never let it drying out. Didn't repot when it was in bud and didn't moved it to a cooler spot. It finally bloomed.

So I guess this is the plant telling me to leave it the hell alone.

Yup! I've read so many times to NEVER get water in the crown of a budding micranthum or armeniacum. I spray the foliage and get water in the crown of my plants practically every day. The buds just get wet, that's all. They don't blast. I think you've got the right idea now. When they're in bud, don't start making changes. Just keep on with whatever made the plant happy enough to produce a bud in the first place.

Thanks it seems like the reason that they blasted is because I did my best (and different things) to stop blasting them.

This year, I left it alone. I continued watering it and never let it drying out. Didn't repot when it was in bud and didn't moved it to a cooler spot. It finally bloomed.

Well, if you fuss over a child enough they get squirrelly on you, so I guess plants are the same :)

Do you mind briefly going over your care?
What I'm most interested in is your winter day/night temperautres.
Also, do you grow this along with all your other parvis or cooler in the winter?

Do you mind briefly going over your care?
What I'm most interested in is your winter day/night temperautres.
Also, do you grow this along with all your other parvis or cooler in the winter?

Sure, I grow everything the same whether its a parvi or a barbata. They are all inside one enclosure and they get all equal care. The lowest temps in winter is 17c-18c and the highest in the winter is no more than 23c. Summer is always higher. Max temps being around 28c-30c and lowest is about 25c. I would say they are more intermediate in temps. No winter rest and was treated the same all year long. I just un-pot it recently and I now have 2 more stolons roaming under the pot. So I carefully place the stolons above the substrate.

Last edited:
i love it! i have become a parvi fanatic! maybe it's because i'm located in the PNW and our weather suits them year round. i had one that i killed. i left it on my potting bench outside not thinking the sun would come out. it did and zapped it. same thing with my paph fanaticum

Sure, I grow everything the same whether its a parvi or a barbata. They are all inside one enclosure and they get all equal care. The lowest temps in winter is 17c-18c and the highest in the winter is no more than 23c. Summer is always higher. Max temps being around 28c-30c and lowest is about 25c. I would say they are more intermediate in temps. No winter rest and was treated the same all year long. I just un-pot it recently and I now have 2 more stolons roaming under the pot. So I carefully place the stolons above the substrate.

Thanks, good to know!

Latest posts

Back